Metalcolour offers quick access to product samples
For quite some time MDF, HPL and plastic moulded panels have been standard choices for many applications when designing and manufacturing train interiors. With prelaminated sheet aluminum from DOBEL®, you’ll get a just as strong and durable material that is much lighter to a considerably lower cost.
The majority of Metalcolour’s projects are often initiated by sending product samples either directly to the manufacturer or to designers and architects.
– Over the years we have learned that access to samples is very important for manufacturers and design crews when deciding which way to go, says Ingemar Forsberg, CEO at Metalcolour.
Lead times are mostly very short and therefore well-established routines for quickly sending product samples to partners are standard procedure at Metalcolour.
– We also have many visitors to our digital design samples webpage, which is further proof of how important this is and that we are on the right track.
DOBEL® Film Laminated Aluminum is approved according to EN 45545 HL3 (R1) and extraordinary suitable as top layer for honeycomb panels. It is a very flexible material that can be shaped in almost any way. In the manufacturing process of honeycomb panels, using prelaminated aluminum will result in fewer production steps and also, in most cases, lower energy consumption.
Film Laminated Aluminum is also better in a recycling perspective compared to MDF, HPL and plastic moulded panels. Worn out honeycomb panels with vinyl film on top are melted down and the aluminum reused.
BUILDING TRAIN INTERIORS THE “CRUISE SHIP WAY”
The marine industry is Metacolour’s main market, and a typical cruise ship project often means that 150,000-300,000 square meters of material is needed on surfaces where DOBEL® products can be applied. In a recent project, Metalcolour delivered 350,000 square meters used for wall panels, ceilings, doors and wet units.
– To add some perspective, the total area of our DOBEL® products delivered for Icon of the Seas corresponds to 51 soccer fields. We find that quite a thrilling thought, says Ingemar.
Metalcolour has for some years now also increased their focus on the construction and train industry to broaden their market.
– We are getting a good response and have been supplying materials for some time now that have been used for, among other things, security doors, interior fittings in elevators and in railway cars.
The type of design that is requested varies over time and this is one of Metalcolour’s biggest challenges.
– Keeping our range of designs up to date and filling the need for real product samples among our customers improves collaboration and is good for us, our customers and the end result.
OUR CUSTOMER’S SUCCESS IS ALSO OUR SUCCESS
Ingemar emphasizes that Metalcolour’s main focus is delivering high-quality products. Being a flexible business partner and assisting with innovative solutions that increase value for the customer, is also a key to success. With the products in the DOBEL® series comes a quality and service guarantee that Metalcolour is alone to offer in the market.
– Our DOBEL® products are well known in the targeted industries for the high quality and we are often praised for our flexibility as a supplier. Over the years, we have also developed innovative solutions that have been beneficial both for our customer and for the end result. It is appreciated and helps us to create long-term business relationships” concludes Ingemar.
DO YOU WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
Read more about our Decorative Coating solutions: https://metalcolour.com/decorative/decorative-coating/
Please contact one of Metalcolour’s sales representatives, you will find their contact info here: https://metalcolour.com/contact-us/